Monday, January 25, 2010

Projects that are inspiring me at the moment

I’m really interested in trying a few new projects that I have seen around lately. I’ve bought an electronic copy of Interweave Knits Fall 2009 (mostly because Borders wanted to sell it to me for $22 when I can get it electronically for US$9.99). Rosamund’s Cardigan is tweaking my creative urges and so is the Every Way Wrap, it doesn’t look much in the photo on the website, but after perusing the pattern I can see so many possibilities with this simple rectangle design. I’m even contemplating breaking out the knitting machine for a last hurrah. (Before I sell it off… give it away)

I’ve also just picked up a copy of One more skein which I have had a quick flick through. I wish I had picked it up 11 months ago, as the baby projects are now a little too young for my boy. There is an interesting clutch purse knitted with fabric and chenille called Silk Gelato Clutch. I see some interesting possibilities with using up some of my fabric stash along with the yarn. I’ve seen a lot of denim knitted up but now I am thinking that some pink silk that I have in my stash may be best used on something like this. 

Of course I will have to finish the socks that are on the needles first and I have still to work on my sister’s 30th birthday present from last year.

No comments: