Sunday, November 15, 2009

How do other mums do it?

I read so many blogs of mums who craft and I am in awe of how they achieve so much. Where do they find the time? They appear to be reading just as many blogs as I do, they talk about multiple children. Where do they find the time?

I feel exhausted even contemplating the crafty things that I want to do. I just packed away the knitting machine, I really don’t see myself getting the time. I’m seriously thinking of selling off all my beads. I’ve got a 90 litre tub full and they are just too dangerous to have around the little one.

I have material cut out that just needs sewing up into some trousers for me and a pair for Ash. I think of doing it while he is having a nap, but then I don’t want to run the risk of waking him as he is just in the next room.

Does your life feel cluttered? I feel that I have so many things on the go that I need to rationalise the clutter to make any kind of impact on my lifestyle. But then I think about how much I have invested in this clutter and get depressed at the thought of giving it the heave-ho with no recompense.

There is always the thought that if I give it to charity it is doing good for others and the good will make it back around to me. But really has that ever happened? I give stuff to people, help people and I’m always pleasant and I rarely see others returning this sort of behaviour.

I’m hoping the care/craft mix of my life will even out a bit in the next year as Ash gets more independent and we start getting regular sleep patterns. The irregular sleep is really impacting on my day-to-day activities, or lack there of.

Ok bitch and moan over…

1 comment:

kris said...

I know what you mean! I don't have kids but I see all the things they create and do and it doesn't add up? Are they crafting all night while husband chases children? Hmm...